Friday, October 29, 2010

2 years

Two years ago today my journey of being a mom to a preemie would start. Two years ago today I was 24 weeks 2 days pregnant and my water would break. The person I was then gushing out of me like the water around my son.

I used to put up with a lot. Little things would not bother me, and now I find I get angry! Angry over the hand we were dealt. Yes things turned out okay, but I still look at my perfect son and think how things would be so different had my water not broke.

Have I changed for the better? I can't answer that.

I used to be so outgoing and everything that was handed to me I would deal with. Now I and reserved, and hold on to everything. I am an emotional hoarder!

It's been a long hard journey, and maybe this has been a good change for me. But I do not like the person I have become, I do not like how angry I am.

But in this journey I have found some of my best friends. I have seen who is there for me in the good times and the bad. I have have grown. I guess that is all you can ask for.

2 comments:

Tabor Yen Smith said...

You are an amazing woman inside and out! I would be a lot more concerned if you hadn't changed because of everything you've been through. If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butteflies (don't be impressed, I stole it). You are a butterfly!

kate said...

i love that butterflies comment! (i was impressed, even if it was stolen!)

& it's true, kim. nothing stays the same & all things happen for a reason. you are the person you are today bc that is who you needed to be, to protect your sweet boy & your family thru some very rough years. it's kind of like emotional stretch marks. maybe we aren't as "perfect" as we were then, but you've earned the right to bear your scars proudly. know that whatever changes the past years have carved on your soul & your person, they serve only to make you more beautiful than ever-- inside & out.