Sunday, October 16, 2011

Updates on the previous post

Starting with Caden again. So I took Caden into the school for the transition meeting. While Caden's case manager is sitting there they are observing Caden. He is acting like a normal 2.75 year old is expected to act. They said they want to test him at the district level to see what they are dealing with. Caden's case manager turns four shades of purple she was so upset. Oh sorry, can you not bully the school into your bullshit dx?

Caden went to the pulmy, I let her read the autism report, she read it over, said you might as well trash this, because it is nothing but a whole bunch of garbage. This isn't the Caden I see. She even refused to note it in his chart. Other pulmy news, he has been released from their clinic. Granted it isn't a full time release, it is a go in twice a year just to keep him current just in case we need them.

His 3 year well child exam went well. He is up to 34 lbs and 38 inches. Not bad for the little dude who started out at 2 lb and 14 inches. I also brought up the autism with his pedi, and the developmental pedi's desire for the blood test. His question to me was this "is the blood test going to chance the services Caden is getting?" Which is a no. He then said, "then why make him suffer with the blood test?" He also said IF and that is a BIG IF Caden is autistic (yeah another doctor who disagrees are we seeing a pattern yet?) he would be on the lowest end of the spectrum you can be on. He said go with it for now, and get the extra services. Which I agree.

Rylee update: ALL the allergy testing came back negative. The allergist thinks it was just a fluke thing, I think it was the detergent. So I will continue with what I got going now, and see if she has another rash show up.

Jade update: The hearing aids seem to have done the trick Jade went from a GPA of about 2.5 to a GPA of 3.5. She has A's in most her classes, with a few B's in her less interesting classes. WTG Jade!

Kennedy update: They have decided that he has bi-polar. BUT they are also thinking we might be dealing with aspergers. The pedi said 100% Kennedy IS on the spectrum. What this means, not much. Both are treated the same way, so even if we are treating for bi-polar, it is the same meds, and same therapy a child with aspergers would get. While we may not have all the answers, we have some.

And that is that in a nut shell.

1 comments:

kate said...

way to go jade!! i had no idea she'd made such a huge turn around in her grades-- super job smarty! :)