Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Much too long

It's been a LONG time. I think the last time I wrote C was just into his first year of Early Childhood. Here we are at his last year.

He has grown, he has thrived, and he has been released from all his doctors. We had an autism screen last year, it came back that yes he is delayed but they are not sure that the delays are autism. It could be that it is left over preemie issues, or it could be pdd-nos, a very mild form of autism.

He still has therapy, he is in speech twice a week, occupational therapy twice per week, and physical therapy once per week. He still can't write his name, they feel it is because his hand muscles are so weak he tires out before he can finish writing it. I think he is stubborn as hell and refuses. The kid can take apart anything, can't put it back together, tell me he has weak hand muscles.

R, she has really been struggling with anything with words. We thought eyes had them checked there is nothing wrong. I would pour over ADHD websites hoping to catch something that might explain her issues. Her memory flat out sucks, like bad. It takes a normal child something like seeing it 50 times before it commits to long term memory, a child with ADHD might take as many as 80 times. With R it takes about 100 times. Those numbers may be incorrect, it's been awhile since I was told. In other words it takes her seeing it twice as much as a normal child before it commits to long term memory. The more I read the more it talked about the medications in the concerta/ritalin family helped with memory retention. It took two different medications that caused major weight loss, or sedated behavior before I could talk R's doctor into trying Ritalin. She started the Ritalin about six months ago, she has not needed an increase, and here is the big thing she is starting to read. It has finally clicked. Where it used to take her twice as many times as normal children, it is now taking just a few extra times as normal children before it commits to long term memory.

We have since changed doctors, we have enough refills to last us until we can get in with the new doctor. I have heard excellent reviews about this new doctor. He LISTENS he refuses to dx any child on one screening, we wants at least two. Which we already have. He is more up to date on current therapies and medications. I really hope he is what everyone says he is.

J, not much has changed with J, she is my only child that is totally 100% predictable. She spends her time in school, if she isn't in school she is drawing.
She has her own facebook page, but she hasn't been active for awhile. She got so overwhelmed with the drawings, and school that she stopped the drawings. And as if I didn't need to say this © 2008-2013 All materials, content and forms contained on this website are the intellectual property of Designs by Jade G and may not be copied, reproduced, distributed or displayed without Designs by Jade G express written permission. You know got to do the copyright on Jade's picture if I am going to share it.

K.. I don't even want to get into the legal mess he has himself in. I hope at best for probation, but he is probably going to prison. He didn't use his head, and got into a lot of trouble. I really want to kick his ass, like bad. Instead I am fighting off idiots that think it is their place to say what went down. Not their buisness. I can only hope Karma doesn't bite her hard in the ass or maybe I CAN hope karma bites her hard in the ass.


0 comments: