Friday, November 7, 2008

The first shot 11/7/08

26 weeks, that is my magical number. That is my goal. When and if I pass 26 weeks, my goal will be 28 weeks.

So what happens last night?

They hook me up to the monitors I go about my business, playing my games, checking out my boards. Waiting for the hour to pass. The hour passes the nurse comes in and asks me if I am crampy. I say no. She then tells me you are contracting every 2-3 minutes. OH SHIT. First off I am not feeling a thing. Second CRAP.

So she leaves me hooked up and comes back about 20 minutes later and tells me okay I can't get ahold of Dr Oki, but I found that you have a running order for terbutaline buried in your chart. She looks at the strip and tells me your not contracting now. Lets me get up go potty, she asks me for a sample. I get back in bed and I am hit with the most God awful cramp you can imagine. It was running across my belly around to my back, down my legs, I felt like my cervix was on fire. Holy shit! And it didn't let up. I sat there for at least 5-10 minutes with this cramp. The whole time the nurse is watching the strip. So we decided since I had ONE contraction that I could feel and a ton that I couldn't to go ahead with the terbutaline injection.

So I get the injection, and EVERYTHING stops I am talking within moments stops. Then I dealt with shaking and cotton mouth the rest of the night, but shaking and cotton mouth is pale in comparison to a possible birth.

0 comments: