My stay, it actually has not been bad. The nurses are great, they know I am here long term. I have a couple that are more friendly then others, but I think it is just the different personality.
The food is horrible, but I have learned to speak up with dietary, and told them nope I will not eat that. Or can we have this with that. Now that they have figured out I am here long term, they have been very cool with me.
I do get tired of TV and Internet. I am thinking of having P go pick up a cross stitch quilt for C. That will give me SOMETHING to pass the time. I found some very cute patterns at JoAnn's. Note to self next time P calls ask him to go to JoAnn's. He will have to pick the pattern, but that is okay.
I asked P to bring me books, I am still waiting for them. But his grandma W brought me some magazines. I have read one of the three.
My sister gave me a link to a place that I can catch up on TV shows. Which helps pass some time. It is really not a matter of trying to pass time, it is a matter of staying in bed. I am such an active person it is the staying in bed part that is so hard. I find myself HAVING to move limbs if I ignore it, it gets to the point it will actually burn with the desire to move. If I didn't have restless leg before, I sure have it now, but it is also in my arms. Which okay we can deal with it.
I have a lot of people ask me how I can stay so calm, well, there is several answers here. Number one, what choice do I have? I can't change this, I can't control this, so I roll with it. I also know the calmer I stay the better it is not only for my blood pressure, but for Caden. I know as long as I am suffering it is giving him a better chance. I would rather it be ME suffer with my numb ass, boredom, and whatever other thing I could complain about. Then have Caden suffer with tubes and wires hooked all over his tiny body. I know that day will come, but it is one less day that he will have to have it.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
11-4-08 Week 1 bedrest
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment