Yeah yeah I know the appointment was several days ago! I suck what can I say!
The hearing test, well the hearing test went well. C had a lot of pressure in his right ear (because of another infection) which was causing mild hearing loss. His left ear was 100% normal. They think once we get the tubes, and the infections under control his hearing on the right side will resolve.
His weight has pretty much stayed steady. He is still 24 lbs. He is 50% on a preemie growth chart, which is right where they want to see him.
We are now 100% in the clear on the CP. They will not say no they do not have it until the child is walking. Now that C is walking they are confidant he is in the clear.
Taste buds, I learned some very interesting info on preemies and bland foods. I never put two and two together. C likes his food spicy, not many one year olds like spicy food. His pedi (this is the preemie pedi) said that preemies have bland food for so long when they are given the chance to have food with spice they dig it! Which C does!
Since his appointment C has caught another cold. This is the worst one he has ever had. It is not to the point that I think he needs to go in. I called his pulmy yesterday, and was told what I expected, give him breathing treatments as needed. If he needs them more often then every 3 hours he needs to go to the children's er. Suction his nose, continue with the anti's, pretty much what we had been doing. Really there isn't anything more they can do unless his breathing becomes an issue.
We go in next week to meet with the ENT, C is now on infection #4, and because he has a speech delay he is getting tubes. Which I am okay with! People keep saying I must be freaked. No, not really. Tubes are mild compared to some of the other things C has had done.
I think that is about it
Saturday, May 1, 2010
Update on Caden
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
yay for no CP!! that's pretty awesome :)
Glad his hearing is good. Hope he gets to feeling better soon poor lil guy
Yay for all the good updates!
Post a Comment